Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
Whether you’re looking for feasibility and planning studies, system plans, specifications and estimates, system integration, construction and operational support, or system management, you need leading-edge expertise for the most intelligent transportation system.
Keeping Your Community Moving
As one of the nation’s leading ITS firms, small-town traffic departments to national agencies call on Kimley-Horn. Our user-friendly, operationally proven intelligent transportation systems are implemented coast to coast. We design modular systems that grow with your needs, and we’ll custom-design your new system to be compatible with your legacy system. Our feasibility and planning studies provide a strategy for step-by-step system development, and we minimize delays by subjecting all aspects of the job to rigorous quality controls. We also offer proprietary Smart Cities transportation software solutions, including:
- KITS, a full-featured advanced traffic management system
- Kadence, a traffic signal timing prioritization and optimization solution
- Traction, a cloud-based, real-time traffic data solution for both municipalities and private event traffic management.
Solving our clients’ complex traffic and ITS issues is the passion of Kimley-Horn’s traffic operations group. Our professionals have assisted more than 100 cities, counties, regional government agencies, and states in improving traffic congestion, safety, and operational efficiency. Our traffic and transportation professionals stand ready to partner with communities nationwide to improve the quality of life for their citizens.
Our ITS services include:
- Ramp Metering
- Movable Barriers/Reversible Lanes/Traffic on Shoulders
- Variable Speed Limits Freeway Service Patrol/Incident Management
- Traffic Management Center Operations, Management, Design, and Training
- Security/ITS Architecture
- Smart Parking
- Active Traffic Management
- Parking Detection/Guidance Systems