Last Updated: April 8, 2021
Kimley-Horn values your privacy. The following policies are designed to protect any personal information that you may share with us online.
Information we collect:
We collect personal information from you only when you fill out a form on our website. This may include your name, email address, mailing address, or phone number. For site analysis, we may also collect your URL and IP address, but you will remain anonymous.
We do not sell, trade, or disclose any of your personal information to outside parties.
What we use your information for:
We use any information that we collect from you in the follow ways:
- To respond to your service requests or support needs
- To improve the usability and performance of our website
How this information is collected and how you can opt out:
How we protect your information
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, and to ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption technology when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
421 Fayetteville Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27601
Use of Personal Information
Kimley-Horn handles Personal Information relating to California residents to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our services, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including the following:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example:
- If you share your name, contact information, resumé with us for recruiting purposes, we will use that information to evaluate eligibility for open job positions.
- If you are offered a position at Kimley-Horn, your Personal Information will be used to perform a background check, as well as set up salary payment information.
- If you are an employee of Kimley-Horn, your Personal Information will be shared with third-parties for various employment related purposes, including but not limited to our benefits carriers.
- If you share your name and contact information on our website or ask a question about our services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your Personal Information for payment purposes, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate future transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service controlled by the business.
- Complying with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements (including any internal policy based on or reflecting legal or regulatory guidance, codes or opinions)
Types of Personal Information
Kimley-Horn may have handled the following categories of Personal Information within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number);
- Personal information, as defined in the CCPA, such as contact information and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex and marital status;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as call and video recordings;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer; and
- Education information, such as student records and directory information.
Categories of sources
Personal Information may be obtained from the following sources:
- Directly from a California resident or the individual’s representatives
- Service providers
- Public record sources (Federal, State or Local Government Sources)
- Our website
- Information from client directed third parties or institutions representing a client/prospect
Sale of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have not “sold” Personal Information subject to the CCPA, including Personal Information of minors under the age of 16. For purposes of this Notice, “sold” means the disclosure of Personal Information to a third-party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
If you provide the personal information of beneficiaries, dependents, or emergency contacts, you will need to let them know that their information is being used for that purpose.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity.
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, health care or medical identification numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by:
- Completing the Data Access Request online form.
- Calling 1-855-207-2355
- If a current employee, speaking with a member of your HR team
You may contact us with questions or concerns about this Notice and our practices by:
- Writing us at:
421 Fayetteville St.
Raleigh NC 27601
Attn: Privacy Officer
- Submitting an online form.
- If a current employee, speaking with a member of your HR team, General Counsel or Compliance
Changes to This California Consumer Privacy Act
We may change or update this Disclosure from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Notice on this document with a new “Last Updated” date.