Solar Engineering Services
When you need a solar engineer to move your energy projects forward, choose a firm with a deep bench of expertise in land development services for solar farms and a track record of success in solar permitting, grading, stormwater engineering, and more.
You need a firm with strong local relationships that can help you do better due diligence and receive faster approvals. One that acutely understands both local and national regulations and incentives that impact the solar industry. Kimley-Horn’s solar team has a national presence. We are known for our close collaboration across disciplines to provide innovative and cost-efficient solutions to every challenge you face, on time and on budget.
- Ranked #3 in Solar by ENR
- 65+ GW of Energy Produced
- 2,300+ Solar Projects Nationwide
- Licensed in all 50 States
Supporting Solar Projects from Every Angle
When you hire Kimley-Horn, you don’t need multiple consultants. Our team of integrated, multidisciplinary professionals work hand-in-hand across regions and specialties, ensuring seamless communication, high-quality deliverables, and consistent results.
We support solar projects from start to finish. Kimley-Horn’s solar engineering capabilities include:
- Selecting solar sites and determining solar site feasibility, even on land with strict usage regulations (such as landfills)
- Performing due diligence and development planning
- Designing solar farm sites
- Facilitating solar permitting
- Providing electrical engineering and power services
- Consulting on solar panel capacity for commercial structures
- Providing environmental services, stormwater management and wetland restoration
Our diverse skill set allows us to assist at any phase of your solar project, from pre-development to construction all the way through to decommissioning.
Additionally, the way we work enables us to meet the demands of any size project, from residential and community energy projects, to commercial and utility-scale portfolios. We have the resources to meet even the most aggressive of deadlines. Kimley-Horn is a proven and trusted partner in the solar development industry, and we are proud to have supported more than 2,300 solar projects nationwide, totaling approximately 65+ GW of energy production.