San Diego International Airport (SAN) Rental Car Center Facility
Kimley-Horn served as the program and construction manager to the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority for the programming, design, construction, commissioning, activation, and close out of the new CM@Risk delivery consolidated rental car facility (CONRAC) at the San Diego International Airport.
This 2.1-million-square-foot facility has space for 5,400 cars and includes 72 fueling positions, 18 car washes, 15 maintenance bays and an integral 8,000-square-foot restaurant, 400-square-foot concession, and a buildout of small-market-share rental car company tenant spaces.
The San Diego International Airport CONRAC was awarded LEED Gold certification.
The Kimley-Horn team was responsible for:
- Design coordination, review, and oversight
- Interdepartmental coordination
- Document control management
- Design and construction contract management
- Consultant/contractor payment application review and approval
- RFI/submittal review, response, and processing
- City building permit processing and coordination, change order review, negotiation, and processing
- Field inspection
- Development of on-site and off-site wayfinding signage requirements
- Development and management of project budgets
- Preparation of regular project status updates for airport stakeholders, the rental car companies, and local community members
- Coordination with the rental car companies technical representative
- SWPPP compliance monitoring
- Facility commissioning and activation
- LEED certification coordination; and project close out
- 2017 Excellence in Transportation Award, California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)