Avalon Mixed-Use Development
Kimley-Horn provided civil engineering, project management, drainage and erosion control, and parking services for this 86-acre, mixed-use development in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Avalon is a $600 million, sustainably-designed mixed-use development located at the intersection of GA-400 and Old Milton Parkway. When completed, the 86-acre site will feature 526 luxury rental units, a 12-screen movie theater, 750,000 square feet of Class A office space, 570,000 square feet of shops and restaurants, and a 330-key boutique hotel with a convention center that boasts 47,000 square feet of meeting space.
In addition to these features, Monte Hewett Homes is planning to build 100+ single-family, courtyard-style homes, giving residents the opportunity to “Live in Avalon.” The development is also the state’s first Gigabit community, featuring a future-proof fiberhood with Internet connection speeds that are 100 times faster than what is currently on the market.
- Decreased typical pull from the municipal water system through rainwater harvesting
- Onsite power grid management system via two separate providers
- 25% reduction in parking lots and structures through shared parking program
- Saved and reused leftover infrastructure from previous developer
- Delivered the first DRB permit by July 2012
- Established onsite field process with Landscape Architect
- Water infrastructure design saved NAP over $110,000
- Provided environmental remediation of contaminated soil and groundwater
- Maximized development capability through Flood Management modeling along the eastern border
- Saved time through the 27 permits/permit updates with a streamlined process with three regulatory agencies
- 2015 Groundbreaker Award, Atlanta Magazine
- 2015 Project of the Year, ULI Atlanta
- 2015 Retail Award Finalist, Atlanta Business Chronicle – Best in Atlanta Real Estate
- 2016 US Design and Development Gold Award, International Council of Shopping Centers
Kimley-Horn was a key member of the best Design and Development Team in the business. Thanks for all of your contributions!"
| Partner and Vice President of Development
North American Properties