Future-Proofing Your Industrial Site to Support Fleet Electrification
The electric vehicle revolution is transforming commercial fleets. Companies like Amazon, FedEx, PepsiCo, Walmart, and many others have announced plans to electrify their vehicle fleets—meaning it will not be long before this becomes the standard for industrial facilities across the country. Industrial developers are getting ahead of the demand and attracting tenants by future-proofing their sites to support fleet electrification. Our team of EV experts put together a guide to help you gain an edge in the market.
What’s Inside Future-Proofing Your Industrial Site to Support Fleet Electrification
Our comprehensive guide offers the following to industrial developers:
- The benefits of equipping properties to support fleet electrification
- The considerations that impact the planning and design of industrial sites
- Tips for site layout and utility coordination
It also addresses common questions. For instance:
- How does fleet type impact what type of charges to use?
- How many chargers do I need?
- Do I need a site that is EV capable or EV ready?
The guide provides helpful site planning tips that will save you time and money, such as:
- Parking space layout and what you need to know about electrical equipment and communications conduit
- Best practices for utility coordination and determining the amount of power your site will require to ensure the grid can support your electrical demand
- How to understand your site’s power threshold, which can save you six-figure costs and months of delays during construction
- How to determine the best place to locate your site to increase your power capacity
If you have questions regarding any of the information above, or are simply looking to better understand fleet electrification in the industrial space, click below to download our guide.
Download the Guide
About the Authors