KITS Advanced Traffic Management System
Kimley-Horn knows that successful traffic operations are founded on real-time control and effective monitoring software. Our Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS), KITS, integrates our proven arterial control functionality with a wide variety of ITS devices and analysis tools supported by our proven Freeway Management System (FMS). In addition to traditional signal and freeway device support, KITS integrates the latest technologies for ATMS including transit priority integration, congestion management, and multiple protocol support.
The right technical solutions for your freeway and arterial control are based on a thorough understanding of your needs and infrastructure. Years of successful implementations have proven how the scalable architecture of KITS can address the challenges of your local traffic conditions. And new technology like smartphone apps, Google maps integration, and mobile technology integration will improve your management capabilities.
In one integrated system, KITS allows you to:
- Monitor | Successful traffic operations are founded on real-time knowledge of system conditions. KITS provides CCTV control, equipment monitoring, and video wall management to monitor all your field devices from one application, with CCTV control, video wall control, camera tours, scheduled presets, real-time displays, and dynamic GIS maps.
- Detect | KITS can be configured to notify you before an issue becomes a problem. Get immediate updates on detector malfunctions, stuck pedestrian buttons, abnormal phase timing, congestion alerts, and more. And gain proactive control by automatically repositioning cameras when congestion thresholds are reached. Detection elements include congestion maps, incident detection, controller phase monitoring, detector malfunction monitoring, automatic controller database verification, and support for radar, video, and wireless devices.
- Alert | Let KITS notify you of activities that require attention or response. In addition to real-time displays, you can select from configurable priority-based alerts, to receive audible alerts, pages, emails, or text messages. Set scheduled reports configured to your needs.
- Respond | When a traffic incident, inclement weather, or other event causes congestion, integrated CCTV, and DMS allow you to control response.
- Inform | Provide your drivers the information they need for mobility through informational technology. KITS offers DMS with actual travel times, website integration, 511 and third-party ATIS, twitter feeds, and smartphone support.
- Manage | Manage all of your ITS devices through KITS anytime, anywhere. Management options include maps with aerials, multi-agency security, event logging, user logging, and data archiving/retrieval. With our Congestion Management Technology, users or the system can automatically initiate responses to congestion conditions or incidents.
- Control | KITS allows you to remotely control your devices, providing central scheduling for TOD and special events. Quick commands and adaptive control give you the response time you need.
- Configure | KITS will revolutionize the way you store and archive timing data, with a history of all timing revisions and a rollback capability. Configuration tools include controller database editors, excel timing sheet exports, controller history tracking, a visual timing plan editor, and a DMS message editor.
- Plan | With all the capabilities of KITS at your fingertips, you’ll have the functionality to create and monitor vehicle progression across your system. Take advantage of time-space diagrams, turning movement count analyses, performance metrics, and a comprehensive Synchro interface to gain control of your traffic plans.