Kimley-Horn has been involved with the Legacy West mixed-use development project since its inception, providing survey, pre-development services, site planning assistance, public roadway, traffic, and site civil engineering services.
Legacy West, a 240-acre mixed-use project, is being developed on the southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and State Highway 121 in the Dallas suburb of Plano, Texas. JCPenney selected Team Legacy, a development partnership with KDC, The Karahan Cos., and Columbus Realty, to develop the acreage surrounding its corporate headquarters with high density mixed uses. Legacy West consists of corporate office space, hospitality facilities, an urban mixed use center with restaurants and other retail uses, apartment homes, and high density single family. Construction is complete on the first office project announced, a 265,000-square-foot headquarters for FedEx Office. Recently, Toyota has chosen Legacy West as the site of its new $350 million North American Headquarters, and Liberty Mutual Insurance has begun construction of a regional office to accommodate 5,000 employees.
Highlighted Individual Projects within Legacy West:
- Toyota North American Headquarters | 1 million square feet on 100 acres
- FedEx Office Headquarters | 265,000 square feet on 21 acres
- Renaissance Hotel | 304-room full-service hotel
- Liberty Mutual Headquarters | 1 million square feet of office on 9.3 acres
- Duggan Realty Advisors – The Windrose Condo Tower | 120 units on 2 acres
- Paladium USA Apartment Tower | 303 units on 2 acres