Kimley-Horn is proud to be again recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Parents by FORTUNE and Great Place to Work®.
To determine the list of Best Workplaces for Parents, the Great Place to Work organization surveyed more than 5 million U.S. employees on the benefits that help mothers and fathers participate fully in their organizations. The analysis took into account parents’ overall feedback of their employers—whether career level or other personal characteristics changed the amount of support received as a parent; the quality of parental leave, adoption, flexible schedule, child care, and dependent health care benefits; and how parenting status influenced other aspects of employees’ work experience.
At Kimley-Horn, our benefits help us attain our core purpose: “To provide an environment for our people to flourish.” We’re proud to offer a family-focused benefits program to ensure an inclusive culture and help parents and prospective parents spend more time with their loved ones:
- Fertility treatments covered by health plan
- Total maternity leave: 60 days
- Fully-paid maternity leave: 30 days
- Total paternity leave: 60 days
- Fully-paid paternity leave: 5 days
- Total parental leave after adoption: 60 days
- Fully-paid leave after adoption: 5 days
- Flexible schedule options
- Compressed work weeks
- Back-up childcare & other family benefits
- Coaching for new mothers
- Mom “Buddy” program
- Nursing rooms for mothers
- Breast milk shipping for mothers when traveling for business
- Mindful Return e-course for new parents
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Company-paid life insurance
“The companies featured on the 2018 Best Workplaces for Parents list offer excellent, flexible, and balanced workplaces,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “But what makes these companies really stand out is that they respond to parents’ needs beyond childcare—continuing to invest in their development and valuing them as much or more after they became parents.”
The complete list of 50 Best Workplaces for Parents can be found on FORTUNE’s website.
To learn more about Great Place to Work and their data-driven methodology, visit Greatplacetowork.com.