Property Condition Assessments
Kimley-Horn’s engineers provide property condition assessments for all type of structures. Our reports will provide crucial information on the condition of the property to assist in acquisition’s or disposition’s, establishing maintenance plans, or providing information to establish long term capital improvement plans.
Our team has helped developers, community associations, insurance companies, and attorneys nationwide determine all the facts when they are faced with building system malfunctions, structural defects, corrosion, wind and water damage, or maintenance and code compliance issues.
Our forensic experts have evaluated thousands of commercial, industrial, residential, and maritime structures from the inside out, above ground and below. We can help you determine the real cause of damage; provide a detailed list of deficiencies for immediate, short-term, and long-term repairs; and furnish our professional engineering guidance and recommendations.
Our Engineers Can Help Improve Your Bottom Line
With years of practical experience, our professionals can identify problems that you need to know about. Property and Condition Assessment services include:
- Pre-purchase condition inspections and assessments
- Contractor selection processes services
- Construction phase services and scheduling
- Reuse facility conversion studies with analyses
- OSHA and safety compliance studies
- ADA compliance studies and plan reviews
- Life-safety code compliance studies
- ASTM E-2018 baseline assessment processes
- Building envelope surveys and analyses
- Cause and origin investigations
- Vulnerability analyses
- Product defect / failure analysis
- Professional engineering expert witness testimony
- Litigation support
Expert Witness Services
Our experts are capable and experienced in providing vast technical data in a way that a jury can understand. We have provided expert witness services in State and Federal courts for both civil and criminal actions.