Senior Project Manager
San Jose, CA
At Kimley-Horn, the future is yours to create. Our employee-centered culture allows you to find the right path for you. We are one of the nation's most comprehensive and best respected civil engineering and land planning firms. With staff in over 50 offices, we offer full consulting services in a wide range of disciplines in both the private and public sectors: aviation, environmental, intelligent transportation systems, landscape architecture, land planning, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, and water resources. Kimley-Horn functions as one profit center sharing resources and profits across the nation.
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. has ranked in the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the US for six of the past eight years. Our employees know Kimley-Horn as a great place to work where our core purpose is “to provide an environment for our employees to flourish.”
What makes Kimley-Horn unique?
• Six years on Fortune’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" list
• Competitive salary paired with incentive and performance bonuses
• Technical and professional development in-house training opportunities
• Comprehensive medical benefits
• Funding into your retirement savings plan
|Kimley-Horn is looking for a hands-on Water / Utilities business development practice builder for our Northern California area offices. The practice builder will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for the local utilities practice and beyond. This individual will lead the business development effort and manage the relationship with key clients.
Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership responsibilities include: operating with integrity and sound business principals, providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a utilities practice.
This person will be expected to manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff, grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role model. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to; meeting or exceeding client expectations, identifying and tracking leads, making presentations, writing proposals and a scope of work, establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to ownership.
The position can be located in one of our Northern California offices.
This is an Exempt position. KHA will not sponsor a visa for this position.
Any Relevant Major|
|Must possess or able to quickly obtain the following registration(s):
|Required Skills: |
• 20 or more years of experience in civil engineering and design with at least 5 directly managing water/wastewater utility projects in the Northern California area.
• System/regional planning and/or heavy conveyance infrastructure experience preferred
• Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities, area counties, water management authorities and local, regional, state agencies
• Business development skills and the proven ability to win work.
• Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage & mentor staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
• Demonstrated ability to manage water/wastewater projects profitably
• Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines
|If you have a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you!|
|Kimley-Horn provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the selection process. Please advise Kimley-Horn of any accommodations you require in order to express an interest in a specific opening by emailing: Reasonable.Accommodations@Kimley-horn.com or calling (919) 415-1000. Please state your reasonable accommodation request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Kimley-Horn will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering Kimley-Horn for your next career opportunity.
|Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V|