At Kimley-Horn, the future is yours to create. Our employee-centered culture allows you to find the right path for you. We are one of the nation's most comprehensive and best respected civil engineering and land planning firms. With staff in over 50 offices, we offer full consulting services in a wide range of disciplines in both the private and public sectors: aviation, environmental, intelligent transportation systems, landscape architecture, land planning, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, and water resources. Kimley-Horn functions as one profit center sharing resources and profits across the nation.
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. has ranked in the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the US for six of the past eight years. Our employees know Kimley-Horn as a great place to work where our core purpose is “to provide an environment for our employees to flourish.”
What makes Kimley-Horn unique?
• Six years on Fortune’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" list
• Competitive salary paired with incentive and performance bonuses
• Technical and professional development in-house training opportunities
• Comprehensive medical benefits
• Funding into your retirement savings plan
|Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. seeks a Senior Environmental Planner to build and lead a multi-disciplinary environmental practice in Virginia. The successful candidate will have managed the preparation of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, including environmental impact statements (EISs) and environmental assessments (EAs), in support of bus and light rail transit, freight and passenger rail, and roadway projects. This position will work with our offices throughout Virginia and can be based in Reston or the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. |
This is an Exempt position. KHA will not sponsor a visa for this position.
Any Relevant Major|
|Must possess or able to quickly obtain the following registration(s):
American Institute of Certified Planners|
|Required Skills: |
• Minimum of 15 years of project management experience conducting environmental transportation studies for local, state, and federal agencies.
• Managed a wide range of tasks related to environmental planning and permitting for transportation projects
• Broad understanding of the agencies involved with the NEPA process and their individual requirements, including FTA, FRA and FHWA
• Understand the extent and variety of resources available to facilitate and complete the NEPA process
|If you have a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you!|
|Kimley-Horn provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the selection process. Please advise Kimley-Horn of any accommodations you require in order to express an interest in a specific opening by emailing: Reasonable.Accommodations@Kimley-horn.com or calling (919) 415-1000. Please state your reasonable accommodation request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Kimley-Horn will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering Kimley-Horn for your next career opportunity.
|Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V|