Senior Project Manager
Canoga Park, CA
At Kimley-Horn, the future is yours to create. Our employee-centered culture allows you to find the right path for you. We are one of the nation's most comprehensive and best respected civil engineering and land planning firms. With staff in over 50 offices, we offer full consulting services in a wide range of disciplines in both the private and public sectors: aviation, environmental, intelligent transportation systems, landscape architecture, land planning, transit, transportation, roads and bridges, urban redevelopment, and water resources. Kimley-Horn functions as one profit center sharing resources and profits across the nation.
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. has ranked in the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the US for six of the past eight years. Our employees know Kimley-Horn as a great place to work where our core purpose is “to provide an environment for our employees to flourish.”
What makes Kimley-Horn unique?
• Six years on Fortune’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" list
• Competitive salary paired with incentive and performance bonuses
• Technical and professional development in-house training opportunities
• Comprehensive medical benefits
• Funding into your retirement savings plan
|Kimley-Horn is looking for a Practice Builder who will work in one of our Los Angeles offices. They will be responsible for winning and delivering municipal infrastructure projects. This individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and set goals for growth for the local municipal infrastructure practice. They will lead the business development effort and manage the relationship with key clients in their areas of expertise. Areas of expertise may include but are not limited to; transit stations, BRT, roadway, parking, streetscapes, water and sewer, pump stations, parks, and site design. Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership by example includes; operating with integrity and sound business principals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a municipal infrastructure practice. They will help hire and mentor staff as their practice expands. They will supervise the execution of work and ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables. The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their practice and the business. They will receive accounting, administrative, marketing, recruitment, IT, and production support. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to share in ownership. |
This is an Exempt position. KHA will not sponsor a visa for this position.
|Must possess or able to quickly obtain the following registration(s):
|Required Skills: |
• Registered P.E in the State of California
• 12 or more years of experience in civil design and municipal infrastructure engineering.
• Client contacts and relationships with government agencies and municipalities.
• Business development skills and the proven track record of winning work.
• Experience writing proposals, making presentations, and writing scopes of work
• Knowledge and experience with the full life cycle of projects in their respective area of expertise or discipline from studies to final design
• Extensive hands on knowledge and experience of civil design principals
• Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver high quality work and projects profitably.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
-Transportation and public utility focus
- local municipal projects
-Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines
|If you have a passion for what you do, we want to hear from you!|
|Kimley-Horn provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the selection process. Please advise Kimley-Horn of any accommodations you require in order to express an interest in a specific opening by emailing: Reasonable.Accommodations@Kimley-horn.com or calling (919) 415-1000. Please state your reasonable accommodation request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Kimley-Horn will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering Kimley-Horn for your next career opportunity.
|Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because
of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. EOE AA/M/F/D/V|